Altius is currently seeking a creative and experienced Pastry Assistant to be an integral part of one of the most highly rated dining experiences in Pittsburgh. We are looking for a candidate that has the culinary expertise to make a wide variety of desserts and baked goods including bread production, and understands and appreciates the subtleties of flavor pairings, and has a good aesthetic sense for food and pastry presentation.
~~Altius has the proud honor of winning both ‘Savor Pittsburgh 2019 Best Dessert’ and Pittsburgh Magazine “Best of the ‘Burgh” Best Dessert of 2019.~~
- Work with Executive Pastry Chef to produce high-quality bread/desserts
- Assist in the daily preparation of all baked goods, pastries, and bread for the restaurant and banquet production
- Maintains pastry station by adhering to state and local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes
- Availability for evening pastry plating shifts is a requirement of the position
Skills and Qualifications:
- preferred 2 years of culinary experience in the pastry department of a high-volume upscale restaurant/hotel or catering company.
- Must be proficient in bread production; skills in other pastry categories including mousse, pastry creams, lamination, chocolate tempering, and caramel
- An ability to work well in a fast-paced high-volume kitchen environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, an ability to multi-task, and time management skills.
- A positive demeanor and ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
In exchange for your skills and efforts, we offer a competitive starting hourly rate and an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth in a rewarding work environment.