Altius, Mt. Washington’s premiere dining experience is currently seeking driven individuals to fill our line cook positions. The right candidate for this challenging position will be highly motivated, willing to learn, able to multi-task and must work well under pressure. This position reports to the Executive Chef and provides an excellent opportunity to launch your culinary career.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking using broilers, ovens, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of products served by ensuring all food items are complete and delivered to guests in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations directed by the Executive Chef.
- Complete daily prep work; set up a line for an efficient flow of operation.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Closes the kitchen properly by following all closing checklists for kitchen stations.
- Assumes other responsibilities delegated by the Executive Chef
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking in a fine dining restaurant/hotel environment preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to provide a superior product
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time; able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Committed to teamwork and the ability to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
In exchange for your skills and efforts, we offer a competitive starting hourly rate and an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth in a rewarding work environment.