Altius is currently seeking Professional Bartenders to be an integral part of one of Pittsburgh’s most highly rated restaurants, delivering one of the finest dining experiences in Pittsburgh. Each Bartender’s primary objective is to provide a flawless, memorable experience for all of our guests.
- Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all wine and spirits options, be able to answer guests questions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, glassware, shelves, and storage area.
- Responsible for the restocking of bar inventory and supplies
- Responsible for handling cash drawers, processing of checks, making change etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 + years of bartender experience in a fine dining atmosphere
- Thorough knowledge of wine, craft beer, spirits, and food.
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Strong multi-tasking skills; able to remain calm under pressure
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Multi-level establishment must be able to carry up to 25 lbs on stairs
In exchange for your skills and efforts, we offer a competitive hourly rate and an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth in a rewarding work environment.